Reports Development Manager
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Be responsible for the software technical design and adherence to development best practices.
- Supervise technical implementation of applications and provide technical support.
- Coach and mentor developers and testers under its area of responsibility
- Define paths to increase the skills set of the team members
- Lead the recruitment process of developers and testers.
- Lead the developments in the scope of the project(s) assigned.
- Document and publish guidelines on development best practices.
- Review the processes and technical procedures periodically.
- Establish regular code reviews for each team member to guarantee the quality and the performance of the developments completed by the team.
- Give regular feedback to the team on projects’ progress, successes and failures.
- Define the yearly objectives of the team members.
Measure team members’ progress and gaps through standard KPIs.
- Conduct mid-year and annual sessions to review performance.
- Run technical sessions to share knowledge across the team.
- Organize technical trainings on technologies relevant to the team members’ respective projects.
- Setup a standard technical template for the interviews.
- Run the interviews of candidates for developer and tester positions.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- High Level Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related subject
- Minimum 7 years experience in reports development in an international environment
- Minimum 5 years experience in team management in a high technology or Internet-based software development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Strong understanding of the Application Lifecycle Management
- Good knowledge in Agile development methodology
- Strong knowledge and experience in designing database model
- Strong knowledge in Datawarehouse/Datamart design/ETL
- Strong knowledge in Power BI
- Strong knowledge in database scripting (MS SQL or Oracle PL/SQL)
- Strong knowledge on various Reporting tools (at least 5 years):
Business Object Web Intelligence, Universe Builder
SSRS or Report Builder
- Strong leadership/mentoring, able to work in a matrix organization
- Able to motivate teams to deliver best in class services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Focused on delivering, pushing projects forward
- Able to build trust, respect and confidentiality.
- Acts quickly and decisively; able to make tough calls.
- Ability to understand other written languages using translation tools
- Applies judgment and adherence to SGS ethics, standards and integrity.
Required SGS Leadership Competencies:
- Influences Internally & Externally: Seeks to understand others’ needs and interests to build trust. Convinces others to change the way they think and act. Tailors his/her message to the audiences’ needs. Generates engagement and commitment from others.
- Develops Self and Others: Identifies and prepares self or others for future roles. Supports/coaches others to achieve defined objectives. Creates and implements personal and/or team member development plans.
- Collaborates Effectively: Goes beyond ‘borders’ to connect with others. Shares information and resources across countries / businesses / teams. Leverages diversity to work efficiently. Seeks out and replicates better practices. Overcomes barriers that inhibit interaction
- Builds High Performance Teams: Aligns team members in company culture, vision, values and expectations. Seeks out and leverages team members’ diverse ideas, strengths, and experience. Holds self and team members accountable for results. Recognizes team successes to build team spirit and motivation. Manages conflict in a pragmatic and constructive manner
- Delivers Superior Results: Sets higher standards of performance. Fosters a sense of urgency to exceed targets. Works to exceed customers’ expectations. Strives for operational excellence. Delivers short-term wins that build on long-term goals and sustainable success
Shift: Mid Shift