The Financial Controller (FC) for the SDC will be responsible for running the SDC’s finance function. The FC will be key in ensuring that the SDC’s senior management team has accurate and complete financial information to manage the business on a timely basis. In addition, working with senior management, the FC will ensure that the joint venture partners receive the financial information they require.
The role will combine elements of financial reporting, budgeting, cash flow management including forecasting, taxation, accounting systems and stakeholder management as well as certain day-to-day accounting functions.
The FC will also be expected to be involved in the procurement activities of the SDC. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manage the SDC finance function
- Review and approve all significant accounting entries
- Control the process of invoicing territories in advance for work to be performed and oversee the quarterly forecast vs. actual reconciliation and any subsequent billing adjustments
- Own the period end reporting process including the review of key reconciliations
- Monitor internal controls put in place within the finance function and report on compliance to the OD
- Identify areas for improvement within the finance function and be involved in implementing change
- Identify changes to accounting standards, tax requirements and other legislative requirements that may impact the SDC and implement any necessary changes
- Maintain the integrity of the accounting system to ensure it effectively supports the financial reporting requirements and analysis of the SDC
- Liaise with external service providers as needed (e.g. payroll provider)
- Manage member/s of the finance function, which includes coaching, evaluation of performance and structuring of roles within the team
- Assist senior management in managing capacity and utilization planning with joint venture territories
- Acts as a financial consultant, providing advice and support to the financial activity of the SDC projects/initiatives
Cash flow monitoring and forecasting/budgeting
- Monitor on a weekly/monthly basis the cash balance of the SDC
- Prepare/review weekly payment runs, ensuring that sufficient support exists and that payments have been appropriately authorized
- Forecasting and reforecasting of available and required cash flow resources on an as needed basis, expected to be quarterly at a minimum
- Advise joint venture partners in advance of cash call requirements and expected service invoice amounts
- Coordinate and prepare the annual budgeting process involving all aspects of the business for review/presentation to senior management and ultimately to the SDC Board of Directors
- Conduct budget vs. actual analysis on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Manage day-to-day relationships with financial institutions
Manage statutory and other compliance requirements
- Key contact for external auditors for purposes of annual audit.
- Considers any control recommendations received and where appropriate, implement changes
- Under the guidance of the OD, liaise with internal PwC representatives (i.e. joint venture representatives, PwC Global, etc.) on any inspection or audit programs required as part of operating the SDC
- Working with external providers where applicable (i.e. legal firms), take an active role in the management of the SDC’s compliance requirements which may include tax returns, employee returns and other lodgments.
- Perform Company Secretary type activities (i.e. drafting board resolutions)
- Working with the OD, play a key role in the control of the SDC’s procurement function
- Reviews purchase orders and invoices submitted for payment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of working in a finance function or in a public
accounting firm. The role may represent a first move from public accounting for an experienced assistant manager or manager. Experience working internationally or with international organizations is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and a solid understanding of Philippine taxation requirements are considered necessary.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications is required
- Past experience working with accounting and financial reporting
software will be looked upon highly.
- The FC must have strong written and verbal communication skills and must be fluent in English.
- The individual should be comfortable working and communicating with team members of all levels including senior management.
- The individual will be expected to contribute heavily to the budget/planning process and will be expected to be part of the decision making process in terms of the SDC’s financial operations.
- Knowledge of other Philippine compliance requirements will be looked upon highly.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job classification.